--An Orphan No More--

Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Preparations are underway..........

We have started thinking about our trip....the things we need to bring, the things we need to do before we travel, etc. No - we don't have a travel date just yet, but will hopefully know something by the end of next week.

Today I went and got some luggage since we didn't own any....well, nothing that would work anyway. (We only had a couple of carry-ons). I got a pretty good deal, so I am happy about that. Then I decided to start packing some of Everlyn's things...just for fun. Man oh man....her "stuff" takes up half of my large suitcase! LOL! I might need to re-evaluate. I guess the items we plan to donate to the orphanage and the facilitator gifts will have to go in Eric's luggage...and I bet they take up half of it! I need to take a class on "packing light"! But I have found so many cute things for her...and I don't know her exact size so I have a range of sizes in both clothing and shoes....therefore, I have quite a bit of "stuff" I want to take.

Veteran adoptive parents...help me out here! How many outfits do I need to bring? What sort of toys did you pack? Sippy cups? Diapers? Things to keep the kiddo busy on the flights? I feel like I need so much stuff! :o)

We are having one more fundraiser for sure....another yard sale. We have some things left over from our last one and we have added some new "stuff" as well. We hope to make another $1000 or so....

We still have a TON of bracelets to sell as well, so if you are interested, please let me know. I will ship them for FREE! :o) You can see pics here: http://torescueourprincess.blogspot.com/2010/07/want-bracelet.html

We appreciate all the support we have gotten along this journey from family and friends. We can't wait to meet our little girl and introduce her to the world as our daughter!

1 comments:

Tracey Sharp said...

Oh Ashli....I cant wait till you meet lil Everlyn either. I will be going crazy packing as well when we get closer. People told me to plan for your lil one for about 5 days of clothing. You can do laundry there if you need to so dont worry too much!!

Post a Comment

We love your comments! Your prayers and support mean the world to us!