--An Orphan No More--

Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 4 - We have accepted Everlyn's referral!

Our SDA appt was this morning. We were shown her file (well, we couldn't read it....it was not in English. LOL) but we were told more info about her which I will share later. We were also shown a photo of her as an infant...SO sweet! We snapped a pic with our iPhone (with permission of course). I will share this soon as well. She looks about 4-5 months old, but that is just a guess.

And we ACCEPTED her referral! We did learn that she is the first child with Down syndrome to be adopted in her region. Please pray we are able to pave the way for MANY more.

Thank you to all who have been thinking of us and praying for us, sweet Everlyn and this entire adoption journey! It means so much to us!

Our internet BARELY works at our apartment so I am posting via WiFi from the infamous TGIFridays. So I apologize for the sporadic blog posts and lack of photos. Trust me, I will update as best I can and we will hopefully have better internet service at our apartment in her region.

Tomorrow we should be able to pick up our official referral paperwork and catch the overnight train to her region....it is about 10-12 hours from Kiev I think. Pray for our travels....neither Eric and I have ever been on a train.

We will update soon! We love you all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We love your comments! Your prayers and support mean the world to us!